I am currently working on the following papers (at various different stages of preparation):
- “Memory as a cognitive kind. Brains, remembering dyads and exograms,” forthcoming 2015 in C. Kendig (ed.), Natural Kinds and Classification in Scientific Practice. London: Pickering & Chatto.
- “Improving social welfare: Merits and challenges of nudge, boost and design”
(ongoing research, w/ Ehrig, Katsikopoulos, Kuorikoski, and Sunder; part of a forthcoming special issue)
- “The epistemic role of virtual experiments. An inferential approach,” submitted to journal special issue
(w/ Jaakko Kuorikoski)
- “Navigating an epistemic landscape: Foraging vs. broadcasting as models of socially distributed problem-solving”, presented at Agent-Based Modeling in Philosophy, LMU Munich, December 2014.
- “Sidestepping complexity. Rational analysis explanations in cognitive science”
(presented at Causality and Complexity in the Sciences, Cologne)
- “Kokeellinen yhteiskuntatiede” [“Experimental social science”], forthcoming
in Kaidesoja, T; Kankainen, T; & Ylikoski, P (eds.) Syistä Selityksiin – Kausaliteetti ja selittäminen yhteiskuntatieteissä [From Causes to Explanations: Causality and explanation in the social sciences]
(w/ Jaakko Kuorikoski
- Early drafts:
- Science without natural kinds”
- “Category-based induction as mechanistic extrapolation”